How do I change Republic Wireless phones, and keep my number in the process?

activation

I need to deactivate one of the phones on my plan and buy a new phone from Republic Wireless. How do i go about doing this? I want to keep the same phone number.

dif you want to keep the number just order a new phone and active as a replacement and the line will be move to the new phone and old one will be deactivated Activate My Phone

if you don’t want that number go to the account setting and cancel the line Cancel My Republic Service

edit to add

Most likely if ordering a new phone you be moving to a 3.0 phone from a 2.0/1.0 which means a new plan No Contract Cell Phone Plans without the hidden fees | Republic Wireless

and new backbone network which has difference coverage Coverage Check GSM | Republic Wireless

if this is not what you want you need to by a used 1.0/2.0 phone Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones \

republic wireless in Cell Phones & Smartphones | eBay

https://swappa.com/devices/republic-wireless

In other words…purchase and activate new phone first, do not deactivate present phone prior to activation of new phone if you want to keep the number. As @drm186 said the old one is automatically deactivate.