How do I prevent someone from forwarding phone calls to my phone?

What phone do you have? Moto E5

What plan are you on? 1Gb text

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? all 3.

Issue Description

Someone has forwarded all of their phone calls to my number. I get sales and other annoying calls dozens of times a day.

How can I shut this off? I can’t block that number as it will only block the original number making the call.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s a way that you can control someone else’s forwarding.

Are any of the calls from a real person? Can you ask them who they were trying to reach? If so, try to look up that person and possibly find a way to contact them, or their phone company. I would only attempt this if it appeared to be an honest mistake, rather than someone dodging bill collectors…or worse.

2 Likes

I thought of one other possibility. Do these phone calls show up in your Republic Wireless call log? If not, the calls could be coming into the underlying routing number. If that’s the case, you could ask Republic Wireless to change that number by opening a ticket.

3 Likes

@cwilliama,

I think @cbwahlstrom has hit the nail on the head, here. It’s very likely that these calls are calls being made to a phone number that is used to route calls to your phone when you are on cell. If that phone number is receiving a lot of calls intended for the number’s previous owner, our Help Team can assign you a new routing number in the hopes of finding one that’s quieter for you.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer