How do I remove my daughter from my account and set her up on her own account without losing her phone number?

Republic Wireless help representative said I would have to buy another phone to transfer my daughter’s phone number to her own Republic account. They said otherwise, her phone number would be forfeited and she would be issued a new number on her own account. It seems that when you deactivate an account, you are given a choice to save your phone number, if desired. Why can’t you deactivate a phone from one account, set up another account, and use your phone number that you saved? The phone is a Moto G.

Republic Help

you need to open a ticket requesting her phone line be split off to her own account

Unless, there are additional details we are missing the following statement is false.

Republic Wireless help representative said I would have to buy another phone to transfer my daughter’s phone number to her own Republic account.

If you got this response on a help ticket, please post the ticket number here.

As @drm186 noted, you can submit a ticket split off your daughter’s phone to it’s own account.

You do not need to buy a new phone for this split off.

Also, there will be no change to your daughter’s phone number.

It is true that you cannot deactivate and still keep the number, but what you are trying to achieve does not

require a deactivation.

Message an
Expert customer