How do I setup my Moto G to allow it to be tracked should it ever be lost?

apps

How do I setup my Moto G & my Moto X so that I can track them should they ever get lost or stolen?

Go to Settings, Privacy and Safety, and turn location on. Then from your PC google “Find my phone” to make certain your phone can be located.

We use “Where’s my droid pro” app. I never was able to find my phone while on cellular using Google.

Google worked if the phone was connected to WiFi, but on cellular, it was a no go. I think part of the problem is due to the underlying Sprint number.

marshallh wrote:

We use “Where’s my droid pro” app. I never was able to find my phone while on cellular using Google.

Google worked if the phone was connected to WiFi, but on cellular, it was a no go. I think part of the problem is due to the underlying Sprint number.

That is very easy for the OP to test with the android device manager. Just turn WiFi off and execute. It’s always been able to find my phones on cell.

Moreover, my location history (invariably accumulated on cell) is quite reliable.

Will I wasn’t the only one who could never get Google to work on cellular. However, it’s been over a year since I last tried it, so maybe it works now.

Settings -> Privacy and Safety doesn’t exist on a Moto G or Moto X. That’s a TouchWiz thing. I believe it’s Settings -> Location for Moto series phones. Getting to be too many phones to keep up with.

Thanks. I knew it was a little different but I couldn’t remember precisely where it is. I should have googled it before responding.

closed #8
Message an
Expert customer