How do I tell if I have a Republic Wireless 1.0 and 2.0 Phone or a Republic Wireless 3.0 Phone?

How do I tell if I have a Republic Wireless 1.0 and 2.0 Phone or a Republic Wireless 3.0 Phone? I’ve been having issues with text messages and in reading articles to troubleshoot it there are different articles depending on what kind of phone you have. I thought it would be something easy to find in my account, but I can’t for the life of me figure it out. In my account under plan it says My Choice + 1 GB.

If you need to know anything else, just let me know!
Thank you!

Hi @saraj.9w0alf see if this article helps.

There are links to information about 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 phones at the start of the article. If you shared what phone you have the Community might be able to help point you to the correct troubleshooting documents. Come back if you have other questions!

1 Like

Hi @saraj.9w0alf
If

Then you do not have a 1.0 or 2.0 phone.
:slight_smile:

What Messaging app is giving you trouble?

1 Like

Glad you could figure it out! Thanks!

I’ve been having trouble with the default Android Messages app. Mostly it works fine, but sometimes I don’t receive text messages from people. Although I could be missing more than I know. I just notice it the most with the person I text every day and one time I was in a group message and the person sitting next to me who was also in the group message received a message that I never got.

Let’s start with this link to troubleshooting:

Troubleshooting Texting Issues

Another thing to try is to delete the cache (not the data) of the Messages app.

Are there any other clues you can give us?
Something like: I was on home wifi when I should have gotten the text… or I was on cell… it happens no matter where I am…(that kinda stuff) :wink:

You may also want to check out this:
(Google Android) Messages: Group Messages Sent Individually -- Here's the fix!

That was the link I had been looking through when I realized I needed to figure out what kind of phone I had, but thank you :slight_smile:

Deleting the cache doesn’t delete all the text messages, right? (probably a stupid question; I’m just paranoid haha)

And it seems to happen no matter where I am or what I’m on - wifi and cell.

No, you are smart to ask because indeed if you “Clear Data” (the first choice), you will clear the messages on your phone (we don’t want that!) :wink:

Clearing the “cache” will not remove the messages.

It sounds like your issue is only with receiving texts (people get yours?):thinking:
You say,

and that its

Do you know what provider they use by chance?
Tho your problem is intermittent and hard to pin down, this information would be good if you need to proceed to opening a ticket. :wink:

That’s actually not correct. Clear data in the Messages app does not actually clear your text messages off the phone. It does clear them out of the app, but as soon as the app is reopened the database that they are stored in is reaccessed and the messages are reindexed within the app. Using that option is a common troubleshooting method, and is non-destructive.

3 Likes

Try using Google Messages instead of the Messages app that came with your phone.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer