How do I Transfer Apps & Data From Moto X to ...?

I’m upgrading from my original Moto X (1st Gen) and purchasing a Moto G Play (4th G). There’s a first time for every thing and I have never had to undertake a transfer of my cell phone number, Gmail, Yahoo and other apps (I like my games), as well as a load of pix from my current Moto X to any other cell phone like the Moto G Play. I need some most basic, least technical explanations to complete this. What web resources, instructive templates and/or FAQs are available to enable me to complete some or all of this without flirting with disaster? Many thanks for any assistance or guidance.

Have calendar,contact sync with the Google account [gmail]

Google play store will ask if you want apps from old phone during setup,

I recommend Google photos backup on WiFi to save all pics [and just keep them on the cloud which can be accessed from the new phone yahoo account should be web back up already

Hi @swedishdish,

When ready, you’ll start the activation process. Republic offers a great walkthrough here: Activate | Republic Wireless.

Any user content synced to your Google account will sync back to your new phone when you add the same Google account used on your current phone to the new phone.

On your current phone, at Settings -> Backup & reset, please verify both Backup account and Automatic restore are toggled on.

You will be presented the opportunity during activation to restore that which is synced to your Google account from another phone linked to the same Google account.

Once past initial phone setup, you will be prompted to sign into the appropriate Republic account. To upgrade an existing line to a new phone, select “replace existing line”. You should see the phone number you want to replace listed at this step. Continue through the activation process, then you’re all set! Detailed activation guidance here: Activate My Phone.

For that which is not synced to your Google account, please try one of the following options:

1. Easy Backup & Restore
  2. Copy My Data
  3. Phone Copier
  4. SHAREit
Message an
Expert customer