How do I transfer data from damaged phone?

I recently damaged my Moto g5 phone and the screen on unusable. So, obviously I need a new phone quickly. I am using my old, old phone now temporally. My question is this. How do I transfer all my data from damaged phone to new phone if I cannot access screen on old phone. I can't even unlock password because the screen is dead. It does power on but that's it. Any suggestions?

What phone do you have? Moto g5

What plan are you on? Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? 2gb data plan.

Issue Description

I recently damaged my Moto g5 phone and the screen on unusable. So, obviously I need a new phone quickly. I am using my old, old phone now temporally. My question is this. How do I transfer all my data from damaged phone to new phone if I cannot access screen on old phone. I can’t even unlock password because the screen is dead. It does power on but that’s it. Any suggestions?

Hopefully you were backing up to Google?
Here is a Help Article: How to Backup Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files – Republic Help

• If you find that you haven’t been backing things up, come on back and perhaps the community can help you
2 Likes

I recently dropped my Moto G5 phone and well…the screen is dead. So I need a new phone desperately!! But I’m concerned about losing pics and texts in old phone because the screen is inoperable. I know in the past both the old phone and the new phone have to be on and usable to do a transfer of data off of old phone to new one. How can I get all the data off of the old phone to new one if I can’t access screen on old phone? The screen powers on… But it’s all sketchy and blackened… can’t even enter swipe password. Any suggestions?

1 Like

@randyp.6mzjcf andyp.6mzjcf

Sorry no one has responded. Most of your data is likely backed up to Google.
I think more info would be needed. A lot of smart, helpful people around here. [crazy times]

2 Likes

Hi @randyp.6mzjcf,

If you use a computer to visit photos.google.com and sign in with the same Google account you used on the phone, do you see your photos there?

If the phone screen is inoperable, there’s not a lot of hope for getting content that isn’t synced off of it, I’m afraid.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer