How do I turn on cellular data

How do I turn on cellular data.

Does your plan currently have cellular data on it? If not, read the link below. If you tell us what phone you have, we can help you with which instructions to follow.

If you’re looking for a specific setting on your phone that is not related to your phone plan, let us know what phone you have and what you’re trying to accomplish and we help you change it.

3 Likes

I have an S9, which gives me a notification “Please turn on cellular data.” What’s the setting sequence to do that. I have the Republic app, and I know how to select and change the data plan. I don’t need help for that.

Thanks

Hi @jaylh,

Please see if this helps:

1 Like

Hi @jaylh,

Also make sure Data Freeze is not turned on in the RW app.

:grinning::flight_departure:

I don’t have Connections from the gear icon. I have Data Tools, but that’s no help.

Try this:

1. Tap the Apps icon on the home screen or slide down from the top of the screen
  2. Tap the Settings/Gear icon
  3. Tap Network & Internet
  4. Tap Mobile Network
  5. Make sure that Mobile Data is enabled

It sounds like you’re referencing the gear icon in the Republic app. The document I linked isn’t referencing the gear icon in the Republic app but rather is directing you to the Android Settings app, which is where one turns Mobile data on or off.

@theresar is also (correctly) pointing you to Android Settings, however, the path for a Samsung Galaxy S9 is different from other Republic compatible Androids. If you open the Android Settings app not the Republic app, I believe you’ll find Republic’s guidance to be accurate.

1 Like

I have no Network and Internet option from the Settings
Manage account

Data tools

Call and voicemail settings

Advanced settings

Refer a Friend

About

You need to get to the S9’s setting gear, NOT the Republic Apps setting gear

The S9 settings don’t offer anything called Network and Internet. Connections has something called Mobile Networks, but nothing there allows enablement of mobile data.

Hi @jaylh - here’s a screenshot from part of the Galaxy S9 manual I found that describes how to get to the Enable Data Saver and Monitor Mobile Data settings.

Can you access these sections using the directions? If so, make sure Data saver is off and Mobile data in the other section is set to Enable data services.

I’m just trying to understand what your system displays. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Good Morning @jaylh,

Perhaps, if we back up and start over:

1. Swipe down from the top of your S9’s screen.
  2. Tap the gear icon (upper right) to open Android Settings.
  3. Tap Connections (it will be the first item listed).

1. Tap Data usage.
  2. Verify Mobile data (Samsung refers to Cellular data as Mobile data) is toggled on.

I walked through the above while typing it out using a household Samsung Galaxy phone. I think you’ll find it’s substantially the same as Republic’s guidance I linked previously in this thread. For convenience, I’ll link Republic’s guidance again here: How to Enable Mobile Data on Samsung Galaxy Phones – Republic Help.

If Mobile data is already toggled on or this isn’t what you’re after, please share some additional context regarding what the goal is. For example, are you responding to a prompt on your S9 to enable Cellular (Mobile) data? Are you trying to use an app that requires Internet access when away from WiFi? Something else?

4 Likes

Thank you. I think I understand and have done what needs to be done.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer