How do I unlock stored photos in order to import

What phone do you have? Moto G4

What plan are you on? Basic call & text

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

I am trying to import photos (from the phone to my laptop)…the laptop says i need to unlock my phone in order to do that. Where do I unlock the phone…? I can never remember which part needs to be unlocked ;}
Thanks,M

on the phone when plugged in to the computer pull down the Notification screen (1 finger pull down) and there should be a notification that will that will allow USB file transfer (problem showing USB charging)

1 Like

Here is a step-by-step tutorial from Motorola:

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/products/cell-phones/moto-g-family/moto-g4/tutorials#/device/motorola/moto-g-4th-gen/topic/data/transfer-data-from-phone-to-computer-windows/1

3 Likes

Thank you
I tried everything, and while it looked like my laptop was importing - the system failed. Windows still tells me to ‘unlock’ my phone…and that is where I always stumble. How and where do I ‘unlock’ my phone??? I don’t get it. I haven’t ever ‘locked it’.

Thanks again!

Having “never locked” your phone, I’m guessing you have not set up any security features like a PIN. The only thing I can think of is making sure your phone is “awake” when you start the transfer process…swiping the screen, seeing your home screen, not while the screen is “asleep” or dark.

If that isn’t the issue, someone with a better idea will come along to get you going!

Try enabling the USB connection on the phone after it is plugged in. Usually a notification pops up asking you to do this

1 Like

I’m not going to he much more help. I haven’t connected my phone to a computer in several years. I simply go to https://photos.google.com/ for my photos.

1 Like

There is a pin that I sometimes use to ‘unlock’ my phone.
Is that all? I use that all the time…But in this case, even when it is ‘unlocked’ in order to access the homepage…

it is still giving me the message to unlock the phone in order to transfer pics…sigh…I did see one other screen asking for a pin,

that was buried some where deep in the phone…it slipped past before I could identify it.

Thanks,

Hi @mckhall,

If you’re still having trouble with this, perhaps it would help to start at the beginning and tell us everything - step by step. Start with what kind of operating system is on your computer (you mentioned Windows, what version?) and which Android version is on your G4.
Then tell us step by step what you’re doing, and the exact wording of any message you see on the computer or phone. Screenshots are often very helpful, as the Community might recognize some small detail that provides a clue.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer