How do I unlock/use my RW's Moto G3 in overseas countries?

Hi, I will be traveling aboard for a few weeks, looking forward to use my RW phone overseas (not via wifi) if possible. I want to know if anyone had ever got this working? If so, please share your exp. Thank you!

Hi @laluna

The Moto G (3rd Gen.) (XT1548) is a Republic 1.0 / 2.0 phone. It contains specific software on the system level that makes Republic Wireless work.

Because of this, the phone is not unlock-able in the traditional sense. You cannot just put in a SIM from another country and have it work.

However, this being Republic Wireless, you are able to use your Republic phone over wifi over seas and anywhere else. While on wifi, the phone will act like it does here in the US so you will still be able to stay connected with your family and friends via the Republic phone.

Depending on what plan you have, as you leave, you can move yourself to the wifi only plan to save both on money and to ensure text messages work properly as the phone will not have any cell service overseas.

Any more questions, feel free to ask!

Some additional detail that might help here: International Travel with a Republic Phone.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.