How do the Huawei Ascend 5W and Moto E4+ Compare?

I am thinking about going from Huawei ascend5w to the Moto e4 plus. How is it and who has it, are you satisfied with it? Any comments welcome. Thanks

0 Likes

Hello, my wife has Huawei A5w and I have Moto E4+. They are fairly similar, but I do think the Moto is overall noticeably better. The thing that stands out the most is the battery, which is really the biggest strength of the E4+. I don’t even use all of these portable battery packs anymore cause it just lasts and lasts. besides that it just seems a little more stable, I like the UI better, and the Huawei has had some speakerphone echo issues on wifi that maybe still come up sometimes. All and all I would had it would be a small upgrade, but not a huge difference. We were both coming from Moto G1 so both were good upgrades for us.

2 Likes

Motorola is a long time partner and arguably will have the best support out of any phone maker on Republic.

Huawei Pros:

• Better processor.
  • More premium build.
  • Nice screen.

Cons:

• Pretty bad UI
  • Persistent bugs due to Huawei never updating Android on the device.
  • UI bogs down the processor a lot.
  • Untested reliability as a newer manufacturer.

Motorola Pros:

• Reputable brand.
  • Huge battery, like, massive.
  • Known to be sturdy.
  • Accessories more readily available.
  • Basically stock Android.

Cons:

• Bulky
  • Lower res screen
  • Weaker processor
  • Just massive if in a case.

Just some of the things I’ve seen and heard from members. Both are nice phones but in the end it comes down to what you are looking for in a phone.

3 Likes

Hi @josephs.humgw3,

I edited your title so it is more relevant to your question, so those with either phone may be more likely to participate in the conversation.

2 Likes

Message an
Expert customer