How to change my avatar in Republic Anywhere app

I didn’t get to choose my avatar. Somehow a random picture I do not like was selected for me. I want to change it but cannot find an obvious method.

Change your picture

1. Open Gmail.
  2. In the top right, click Settings Settings.
  3. In the “My Picture” section, click Change picture.
  4. Select or upload a new picture.
  5. Select the portion of the photo you want to show.
  6. Click Apply changes.

This is done from your computer.

2 Likes

Hi @lord_valkeus!

I use the anywhere app, and, like you, my picture was not showing up. Here is what I just did: open the anywhere app and choose a conversation (any, it doesn’t matter). Then, tap on the avatar of yourself (next to an individual text that you sent). It should open up a contact screen for yourself. Click the little pencil in the upper right. After that, tap the little camera icon below the check mark. Then, select a photo and crop it. Refresh the Anywhere app and you should see your new avatar!

I hope that helps!

mb2x

3 Likes

Hmm. I think we need to identify the software/machines. @billg seems right because on my Chromebook, it works different than @mb2x’s solution. And, I had to add myself as a contact.

I can click the “edit”, and then profile pic, but it opens the Playstore, and it insists I download Google Photos…even though I already have it installed.

Strange. Going to experiment when I get a chance.

1 Like

I tried it via my phone. I would think that either of the solutions should sync it across the Anywhere platform.

1 Like
closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer