How to clear Moto G7 wallpaper

The photo I used for wallpaper appears extra large and only shows part of the photo. I have deleted all photos and images but the photo remains in the wallpaper. How do I clear the wallpaper so that I can start over?

You can do a long finger press on an empty space on your home screen. Then a menu will pop up and you can select wallpapers. There you can pick a new wallpaper, including a solid color background or another picture.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, but I don’t want to pick another wallpaper, I want to delete all wallpaper. Each time I put a new photo wallpaper it is much too large.

There has to be some image as a wallpaper so in order to start over you should select one of the default wallpapers then you can select the picture you want for wallpaper
When selecting a picture on my Moto Z2 Play I can move the center point and zoom in before I set the wallpaper

Thanks for the reply. I can select a different photo and make it a wallpaper but it displays much too large. guess I’ll just have to use one of the defaults.

The default Photo Size is set to a 4:3 aspect ratio…which uses the full 12MP.
If you want a photo that fits your phone’s aspect ratio…you will have to change to a 19:9 aspect ratio (max pixels for that aspect ratio are 7.9MP). You can access the camera
settings by

1. Open Camera App
  2. Tap (9 dots) settings (left of Camera Icon above the clicker)
  3. Tap :settingsicon: on the top right
  4. Tap on Photo size and select 19:9 (7.9MP)

Photos taken with these settings should be able to be used as wallpapers without any cropping.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer