How to Disable Talkback? on a Moto G4

What phone do you have? Moto G4

**What plan are you on?**Basic Talk & Text

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

My husband accidentally turned on the Google Assistant/ voice and now he cannot disable it and cannot do anything on his phone. The annoying voice it continually talking.

I have tried the directions I found on the site but it does NOT work for the G4.

Please help before he throws the phone away and cancels service!

Is it possible you mean he got into talkback mode?

If so try following these instructions to cancel talkback: Accessibility (Lollipop 5.1) – Republic Help

3 Likes

the instructions that @daddydave link to appear to be the same for the Android 7.0 on the Moto G4
here the Motorola help page on this feature (Republic’s page link above is more detail with screenshots)
https://support.motorola.com/us/en/Solution/MS110592

1 Like

Thank you for responding!

your welcome did the link help your issue?

I ended up getting it fixed at another 1 am this morning. It ended up being “Talk Back” and one more thing that my husband had some how turned on under Assessibility. Those things kept my from scrolling ( I found out you had to use two fingers & also required highlighting & then double tapping everything… ). It was insane and talking excessively!!!

I do appreciate that there is a community of people like yourself out there willing to help!

Thanks again. Have a great day! :blush:

4 Likes

Many of us have found that Moto Help :motohelp: which can be found in the App Drawer :appsicon: and is always available to provide a wealth of information … How To, Test etc for our phones over the years … but trust me it, with Talk Back turned on it’s really hard to use it to get out of that problem :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer