How to disable the Ascend 5W low battery notification

When my 5W gets below 10% battery, the low battery notification comes on about every 30s to 1 minute. This includes waking the screen. I’ve looked all over the notifications area and the battery usage sections and can’t find anything about disabling or controlling the battery notifications (only where and if to display battery %). Does anyone know where I can turn it off? Is this notification rolled into something else?

Thanks!

christopherh.tp7baz wrote:

When my 5W gets below 10% battery, the low battery notification comes on about every 30s to 1 minute. This includes waking the screen. I’ve looked all over the notifications area and the battery usage sections and can’t find anything about disabling or controlling the battery notifications (only where and if to display battery %). Does anyone know where I can turn it off? Is this notification rolled into something else?

Thanks!

Your answer is in this article on how to disable that.

#1 thing every Huawei owner should do

That’s a good article with some great info, thanks. I took a lot of the recommendations that were in it.

However, it does not address my question at all. It doesn’t make any mention of disabling the low battery warning.

I figured it out on my own though. When the warning pops up in the notifications list (you have to wait until you are under 10%) push and hold the low battery notification. This will bring up the System UI notifications and allow you to edit or silence them. Why the System UI notifications are hidden (at least they aren’t on the notifications settings page and I couldn’t find them anywhere!) I have no idea and I think is a bad idea.

Message an
Expert customer