How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone

If you’re particularly interested in battery life the Moto G7 Power is a beast.

Yeah but if my wife didn’t throw her phone against a brick wall I wouldn’t have to buy 2 phones. Now she did and that makes the budget tighter

If I had my way she would go without.

So would this phone be compatible? I can’t tell what version of the phone this is https://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-Galaxy-A50-A505G-128GB-Dual-SIM-Unlocked-GSM-Phone-w-Triple-25MP-8MP-5MP-Camera-White/848300930?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227315978825&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=392439838017&wl4=pla-831849948371&wl5=9033822&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=848300930&veh=sem

that phone is not compatible as it an international version (A505G) and republic needs the North American Factory unlock version (A505U1)

No. That phone is model # SM-A505G. The Republic Wireless compatible model of the Samsung Galaxy A50 is model # SM-A505U1.

Will this one work. In the Q&A at the bottom somebody said it would work on republic
e5 play

ah thanks

1 Like

Unless someone has specifically bought one of these at Best Buy and successfully activated it on Republic, I wouldn’t accept that answer. While it’s the correct model number, It’s labeled as an AT&T Prepaid phone. In addition to matching on the model number, Motos need to match on the software channel. Generally, when the phone is branded for a specific provider it won’t be a match on the software channel. More here:

At $30, I’m almost tempted to grab one and try though.

Thanks. I’m also tempted worst case scenario it replaces my old luna that I use as a play phone

2 Likes

Ya I don’t think it will work. I asked on another form for a user that bought one to check the channel and he replied "it says “att.” "

1 Like

Yup, that won’t work. The required software channel for Motos is retus (U.S. retail), amz (Amazon), or fi (Google Fi).

1 Like

Ok found another & sprint is one of their partners. I cant find a model number though.

The Fi version of the phone will work with Republic but requires activation on Fi to get that price. Because of that and because they’re a competitor it is generally frowned upon to link to from here.

Link removed.Thank you

1 Like

Oh 1 more question. When the wife opens this can I just put her sim in it and she will be good to go or do I have to order a new one?

What model phone is she on now? You need to figure out what type of SIM she has: Can I Use My Old SIM Card in My New Phone? – Republic Help

It is a E4. I looked at the link but don’t see hers listed

Look at the SIM, if the word Republic is all gray/black it can’t be moved. If the “public” part is green, it can.

Ok thanks, I’ll have to wait till the Wife is not looking since this is a Christmas present.

Message an
Expert customer