How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone

Bottom line, no. And if you did you’d be violating the Terms of Service and subject to service termination.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Not looking to make trouble, just hoping to rectify a phone purchase mistake I made. I was in India and told the seller I wanted a phone that was on the Republic list. But when given options, I failed to refer to the list, assuming that he had. Bummer. Guess I’ll have to stick with my ancient Moto G.

1 Like

Hi! I know this is a lot later than the original post, but I am thinking of upgrading to a Moto X4, and I was looking at it on Amazon, and of course they don’t use a model number. Instead they use the part number, which is PA8S0021US. I am assuming this is a newer version than that listed in the original post, and was wondering if this newer version is still compatible with the BYOD SIM card and republic wireless service in general?

Hi @sarahs.jcxjnr,

Welcome to our member Community!

I’ve moved your post to this topic on finding compatible phones, and I’m certain @louisdi will be along shortly with an answer you can count on.

@sarahs.jcxjnr Yes indeed, that phone will work with Republic.

2 Likes

I’ve added a new warning about Moto “frakenphones” on eBay.

6/17/19: Updated to add model numbers used at Best Buy and B&H for the Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL

05/27/19: Added warning about Moto G7 Power 64GB listings.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer