How to get unbacked photos off of old dead android phone

I know this isn’t exactly RW related since this phone I’m asking about isn’t compatible but I’m wondering if someone can help me. My husband used to have the Alcatel OneTouch from T-mobile and it has some precious photos and vidoes on there. It won’t turn on, however. I’ve tried everything I can. Is there a way to get those files back? My computer cant register it when i plug it in either so I feel stuck. It isn’t rooted so I’m not sure if it’s even possible to get them back. Also it does not have an SD card so that’s out too.

Hi @jennab.u1mf3x,

If the phone won’t boot, there’s no hope for reading content stored on its internal memory. There are content recovery companies that will charge you exorbitant amounts to try to do so, but their success is not guaranteed.

Have you signed into photos.google.com using the same google account that was set up on the Alcatel OneTouch to see if the phone was automatically backing the precious photos up to the cloud?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer