How to set up Google Voice on Republic

I am trying to set up google voice on my phone but it is not working. Is there a way to make it work on Republic?

What part of the setup isn’t working?

1 Like

I go through the whole process and at the end it says “This phone umber can’t be used to sign up for a Google Voice number. Try verifying with another number”.

Ah. So the problem seems to be in acquiring a Google Voice number. It’s probably because someone signed up for a Google Voice number with your Republic Wireless number in the past. Here’s a link to a condensed explanation in the Google Voice help forum:
https://support.google.com/voice/thread/965420/this-phone-number-can-t-be-used-to-sign-up-for-a-google-voice-try-verifying-with-another-number?hl=en&msgid=967852

1 Like

So google voice will work with Republic? The first thing listed is “The submitted number is from a telephone carrier that is ineligible to be used to claim a Google Voice number. Submit a number from a different carrier.”
I don’t think I’ve ever had a google number and this has been my number for 20 years.

Republic Wireless certainly works with Google Voice (can forward to a Republic Wireless number and be used to make calls from the Republic Wireless phone using the Google Voice number), but I’m not sure I’ve ever tried to acquire a Google Voice number using my Republic Wireless number. I’ve had my Google Voice number since before it was called Google Voice.

Do you have another number you can use to acquire the Google Voice number? Google Voice has been stepping up their fraud prevention measures, so I suppose it’s possible they’ve blacklisted some bandwidth.com numbers (Republic Wireless’s origination provider). It would be a strange thing, however, since Google Voice also uses bandwidth.com for origination and termination services.

Message an
Expert customer