How to stop pop-ups? ("Sign in to XFINITY WIFI")

I keep getting a “Sign in to XFINITY WIFI” pop-up anytime I’m traveling with my phone, including when I’m using my GPS (it’s infuriating). Does anyone know how to turn this off?

My Republic wireless window appears first, and then the XFINITY WIFI pop-up immediately after. Is there some way to shut this off through my settings?

I don’t even have XFINITY in any way (house or work), and I don’t want it!

Please help!

1 Like

in the Republic app go to manage setting (gear icon in upper right) then to WiFi setting and uncheck the “Ask me to join WiFi networks”

then in android setting–> WiFi tap the 3 vertical dot menu in upper right then tap advanced turn off both the “Network notification” and “Scanning is always available”

You must have tried to use it at one point. So do the following:

1. Open the Republic app and select the WiFi icon.

2. At the bottom of the screen touch the white rectangle with the “^” character in it.

3. Touch saved in the next screen.

4. Find Xfinity and Cable WiFi and touch them one at a time. Select the pencil icon and touch forget. Make sure you forget both Xfinity and Cable WiFi or you won’t fix it.

1 Like

I have the same trouble with xfinity continually popping up, and frankly I would love to make that network simply disappear, but unlike you I had no “Cable WiFi” listed that I could select, nor did I have a pencil icon. from which to select “forget”. What am I doing wrong? I tried following all your steps and was able to get to #4 but there it ended.

Message an
Expert customer