How to stop robo calls or Do all phones/companies act this way?

2020 Moto G Power, 4gb of ram, 64gb of storage, cdma, metro Atlanta.

Why am I getting so many spam/robo calls? I’ve tried the suggestions listed here in the forum. I have a phone book full of blocked calls in the “blocked numbers” area, but they keep coming. I don’t answer incoming calls I don’t recognize. I have Do Not Disturb turned on and set only to allow contact numbers through.

I’ve been a RW customers for a number of years and the robo calls have become much worse over the last 12 to 18 months. Much worse. It’s become so annoying that I’m thinking about going to another company and if necessary another phone if that will get rid of the (redacted) robo calls. Probably will have to pay more to get peace of mind.

Anyother suggestions? As always, thanks for your help and have a happy and safe holiday season.

1 Like

An oldie but a goodie here, June 2020 Update to Our Spam Call Blocking Feature

Within the Republic app’s Settings page (gear icon) and then the “Call and Voicemail” area are all the tools you should need for enabling spam blocking or just sending everything that isn’t in your contact list direct to VM. The last is the somewhat nuclear option but at this point any call we get that isn’t from a contact is more than 90% likely to be about a warranty for my 14yo car, someone maliciously ordering something on my Amazon account (that never happened), or someone speaking Mandarin.
Hopefully those Chinese speakers don’t actually need my help but the rest can deal with Voicemail.

It’s sounds like you are doing most of these things already but we are all (regardless of carrier) getting a lot of spam calls lately and since forever. My wife is on AT&T directly and she just doesn’t answer any calls anymore. Her feeling is they can leave a message or too bad and I’m inclined to agree.

1 Like

Just not answering calls from numbers not on my contact list for the last 3 years or so has paid off. I don’t average getting calls from unknown numbers (may or may not be spam) more than once every 2 or 3 weeks now. My contact list is very extensive. If a contact such as a doctor’s office has multiple numbers, they are all there.

1 Like

Good luck with finding a carrier with out SPAM from robo calls. They are targeting phone numbers, not carriers. The phone numbers with your area code tend to be all spoofed. so blocking them is a full time job as they are using new spoofed numbers most of the time. If you do find a carrier that blocks robo calls, let us all know. Have a nice day, but ignore the calls not in your contacts.

1 Like

Hi,

I thought I had the Spam Call Blocking set up properly, but I checked and everything was on allow. How did that happen? Anyway, thanks for the tip. I set it up again this morning and as of 4pm (EST) I have not had a single spam call. Again, thanks for the help.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! So glad this was helpful as I find it very useful as well. Most carriers seem to have some form of this now since it’s virtually a necessity with all the ridiculous spam calls.
RW’s app is a little funky sometimes and requires a reinstall so maybe one of those times or an update knocked out the settings.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.