How to Stop Unwanted Spam Calls

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Outage affecting calling, texting, voicemail, Anywhere, activation (11/29/2018)

I don’t have these options on my phone - maybe something is wrong with my phone.

What model phone do you have?

Is this feature only available for My Choice plans? If so, why not make it available to Talk & Text plans?

Hi @ashleyc.pluehn,

This is available on the My Choice Talk and Text plan. We are not able to implement the feature on our 2.0 app.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Outage affecting calling, texting, voicemail, Anywhere, activation (11/29/2018)

Love anything that reduces unwanted calls. Thanks

Any chance of including an option to block all numbers not in contacts AND send those unwanted calls to voicemail?

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Outage affecting calling, texting, voicemail, Anywhere, activation (11/29/2018)

I just had to update the app, my bad. Thank you though for helping.

Sounds great, but when I went to my phone there was no Call and Voicemail Settings. There was a Call Settings and a Voicemail Settings, but neither of them showed an option to block spam. Is this feature limited to specific phone makes and models?

Hi @vernr.zafwuk,

As indicated in the blog post, the feature is available only to My Choice subscribers. It is not available for members still enjoying the grandfathered Beta plan, the Unlimited 3G and 4G plan, nor the Republic Refund plan.

What am I missing? I have a MyChoice plan and the app has been updated, but while I see the Configure spam call blocking, it just tells me “unable to configure setting.” How do I enable it?

Have you restarted your phone since the outage yesterday? If not, please do that now.

@louisdi- that was a good suggestion, but it didn’t change it. :frowning:

I love that RW has a blocking feature that can keep the calls from going to voicemail! I have just selected that option. However, I do like to see which numbers attempted to call me. Will I be able to see them in my phone log? Thank you.

I love the idea of this feature. One concern I have is as a consultant, a lot of people tend to put “recruiters” into that spammer bucket of numbers/calls. Some of them sure feel like spam, but I am concerned that legitimate numbers will get lost in that. Will marking the calls as blocked but allowing them to go to voicemail help prevent legit calls getting missed?

Yes, presuming they bother to leave a message.

This feature doesn’t seem to work whatsoever. I’m still getting multiple spoofing calls a day where the first three digits following the area code are close to my own 875, like 866, 870, 874. My own phone number is also being used to spoof other callers with the same area code (803). It’s a frustrating situation.

This is next to useless. Why can’t I have a feature that simply blocks all callers that are not in my contacts?

Is this new app version available on the older Moto X phones? If so, how do I update my app? On my app it says App version - Up to date. It is 2.1.6.2311