How to switch to speaker on virtual doctor visit?

What phone do you have? Pixel 3a

What plan are you on? Annual

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Only talk & text

I had a virtual visit with my doctor this morning, but was unable to switch the audio to speaker. I know how to do it for a phone call, but the phone app isn’t open and there’s no way to open it without leaving the web browser (Firefox) page that controls the virtual visit. There is a microphone icon on the page, but it only turns the mike on and off. Is there any way to switch to speaker in this situation? I have a Pixel 3a, but am thinking it would pretty much work the same way with all Android phones.

EDIT: Sorry, but I can’t see what’s causing the 3rd line of phone info to be bold.

Hello @larc919

Since you’re not using the phone (app) for the virtual interaction with your doctor, I don’t think trying to get to the phone app will work to get the audio to the speaker phone. That control (if it exists) should be in the controls in the browser. It’s possible that due to HIPPA laws that the interface does not want you to be able to to allow for the speaker to be changed.

If you can find out what program Firefox and your doctor is using maybe the Community can Google up a solution to get the speaker external for you.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks, @SuperT. After a little checking around, it seems I’ll either need to rely on headphones or switch to my PC and a web cam from now on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer