How to turn off (extra) notifications on Moto G7

Moto G7

What plan are you on? 1Gig data plan

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? 1 Gig data

I hope someone in the community can help me figure out and then disable a setting I must have added - my phone now makes lots of notification sounds. Seems like when I walk by my phone sitting on a table or pick it up, it notifies me with a tone. I prefer just to be alerted when I receive a text or phone call or voicemail. Also my Ring device used to chime on my phone, but those are the only sounds/tones I would like. I must have monkeyed with my settings and now I don’t know how to turn off the multiple sounds I keep getting. Thank you!

To learn how to do things like this, open your app drawer by swiping up with your finger on the home screen, then tap on Device Help or ?
Then Learn.
These pictures are what it showed when I followed those directions. Hope this helps.

Thank you, it is helpful. There are so many variables - turn off, silent, if the notification is urgent…I don’t want to mute my phone, text, Ring Doorbell so I shouldn’t globally change these settings. Im not very techy, can’t remember what step is next once I start following the directions. I’m not hearing the constant light echo sounds I was getting when I wrote this, but now I’m not getting text alerts either. My phone still rings. I’ll keep at it, thank you.

1 Like

Also when you pull down from top to see your notifications, you can hold your finger on those notifications to change how you get alerted

2 Likes

@tracyp.qknums Were you ever able to resolve this issue?

Thank you for checking back with me. I followed your directions and yes I was able to make some changes. My phone however still isn’t exactly set up as I’d like it to be. I just live with some quirks now. For example, I intermittently don’t get text notifications. How I know a text has arrived is I’ll get an audible notification on my computer (Republic Anywhere for iMac). I’m also dismayed by the new way I have to log in to get voicemail. It’s wonky now - I have to have a password and do other log-in stuff just to listen to a voice message. I need to learn more about my phone to be able to use all of it’s features. Thinking now about switching to iPhone which will mean a change in carrier. I hate to leave RW but I think it might be time. Kinda sad, RW has been really good to me. I anticipate the change in ownership will present changes, in both pricing and services.

Hi @tracyp.qknums,

Please take a look at these instructions, I believe they’ll solve the voicemail quirk you mentioned:

We’ll be sorry to see you leave, and I hope that if you do, you’ll keep an eye on us. Changes in pricing and services don’t always have to be a bad thing, and there’s a possibliity that we’ll be an ever better fit for you in the near future.

I dearly love Republic Wireless! I will stay for awhile and hope for the best for this terrific company. Thanks always for your assistance!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer