Huawei 5w android device manager

I got an email about doing this before factory reset. I am sending phone back for refund. Is this required and how do I find this on the phone please? On another phone I returned they said just the factory reset was fine.

• Turn Off Android Device Manager (a.k.a. “Kill Switch”) Android Device Manager ensures that if your phone becomes lost or stolen, someone else won’t be able to access it, even if they do a factory reset. If this feature is still enabled prior to returning your phone to us, we will be unable to access the phone. This means we won’t be able to resell the phone as certified pre-owned.
  • To turn off Android Device Manager, please follow the steps below: 1. Tap Apps. 2. Tap Settings. 3. Under Personal, tap Security. 4. Tap Device administrators. 5. Ensure that the box next to Android Device Manager is unchecked. If it’s checked, tap the box to uncheck it. 6. Tap DEACTIVATE.

Hi @williamd.hq7pa7,

Indeed, you’ll want to do as Republic requests. That said, navigating the Huawei Ascend 5W is a bit different from Republic’s other phones. To get you there:

1. Open Settings (The Ascend has no Apps button to tap).
  2. Scroll to, then tap Advanced settings.
  3. Tap Security.
  4. Tap Device administrators.
  5. Tap Android Device Manager.
  6. Tap Deactivate.

I think the factory reset takes care of it on this phone. When I go in there is shows it as inactive. So I assume it is ok?

Not certain, the factory reset took care of it. Quite possible but I’m not factory resetting my Ascend to find out. I did note when navigating via the provided steps that ADM was turned off on my Ascend, so now I’ve enabled it. Anyway, bottom line is your phone is in the requested state, so seems you’re good to go.

They are still providing incorrect information on how to do this 6 months later.

Hi @robbis,

I’m sorry to hear that. Did you receive the same instructions as the original poster of this thread or were they different somehow? If different, would you be kind enough to post how so? Alternatively, you might let staff know via your ticket.

More to the point, do you have the correct information you need?

The information I saw here seems to work correctly. But the email I received today was not.
Why I have to go to the forums to get correct information 6 months later is beyond me.

Hi @robbis,

I’m not saying you should. I’m asking for your help in addressing the experience, so that it’s not repeated. That’s the rationale for asking what the instructions you were given are.

Please understand I and other Republic Ambassadors are not employees buy rather fellow members like you. As frequent Community contributors, we do tend to run into staff somewhat more often. I’m hoping to use that to lessen the likelihood of other members sharing your experience.

2 Likes

And indeed that is exactly what I am trying to do.

the instructions I received were

To turn off Android Device Manager, please follow the steps below:

Tap Apps.
Tap Settings.
Under Personal, tap Security.
Tap Device administrators.
Ensure that the box next to Android Device Manager is unchecked. If it’s checked, tap the box to uncheck it.
Tap DEACTIVATE.
Perform a Factory Data Reset Performing a factory data reset will erase everything on your phone and put it back to its original factory state. Before performing this step, you’ll want to save any info you want to keep by following the links above.

where as what you have here is. THIS IS CORRECT

Open Settings (The Ascend has no Apps button to tap).
Scroll to, then tap Advanced settings.
Tap Security.
Tap Device administrators.
Tap Android Device Manager.
Tap Deactivate.

Is there more you want to know?

1 Like

Hi @robbis,

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer