Huawei Ascend 5W not available?

Was anyone able to purchase the Huawei Ascend 5W? On the website, it said it became available at 02:59EST on 12/13. I tried buying the phone at that time (11:59PST which is 02:59EST) and it wasn’t available. Continued to re-load the page and even tried incognito, no phones available. I also found the page announcing that the phone was available at 02:59EST is no longer there.

8 Likes

It went on sale at 9:00 PM Pacific and sold out at around 9:30 PM Pacific. Sucks a lot for us West Coasters.

8 Likes

ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY ADVERTISED IT WASN’T GOING ON SALE UNTIL 02:59EST!!!

8 Likes

Sucks for you West Coasters!? How about us East Coasters who were still in bed when it went live. That really blows as I was really looking forward to getting this phone.

Any reply from RW as to whether or not they are going to be getting a new batch to sell?

8 Likes

Sucks for East Coasters who BELIEVED the posted time and went to bed at 11:55 so they could wake up at 3:00 to get a phone:)

8 Likes

I fell into the same boat… logged in when it was SUPPOSED to go on sale only to find them sold out already. Was this just some gimmick to generate interest then only have 10 phones to actually sell?

8 Likes

What a scam, like a Black Friday door buster with 5 items per store, not happy

8 Likes

Honestly a pretty big screw up here by Republic. It’s one thing to run out so quickly - but to put the phones on sale 3 hours before the advertised time feels like most of us didn’t even have a fair chance to get a phone. Not only did we not get a phone - we woke up in the middle of the night for it (3am). Feels bad man.

@emily.f , Is there any other way to get the 6 month free service promotion without buying the Moto Z Play (which is suspiciously still available though back-ordered for 2 weeks)?

8 Likes

I couldn’t order one either. Very disappointed in how this was handled. Republic let us down once again.

8 Likes

What would you have done then?

8 Likes

I was able to purchase them. Woke up at 12:15 AM EST thanks to a phone alarm and was able to complete checkout for two phones with promo applied by 12:3322 AM EST. Sorry there were so few stock/so many issues!

Republic Wireless really needs to make good on this promotion. This was handled very poorly. First, the full details of just WHEN the promotion went into effect were not conveyed (in fact, INCORRECT details WERE conveyed). Second, they obviously didn’t have enough in stock to even begin to meet the demand if they sold out in 30 minutes. I’m in the Midwest and set an alarm to wake at 11:45pm CT. It’s frustrating that I COULD have purchased it before I went to bed if I’d known the listed opening time was incorrect. I really do want to be able to recommend Republic to my friends and family again, but it’s becoming hard. Many of us have stuck with Republic through spotty coverage, dropped calls, and buggy text service. Unfortunately, instead of bragging about what a good deal Republic is, we now tend to say “You get what you pay for.”

8 Likes

Also really disappointed, also followed their POSTED INFORMATION OF WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSED TO GO ON SALE. So that was a lie. What’s up with that?

At this time, I’m locking this thread simply to focus the conversation in: Andddd and it’s gone! Please continue the conversation there so we do not miss anyone’s feedback.

Message an
Expert customer