Huawei ascend 5w phone

My ascend 5w is over one year old for Android security. Huawei hasn’t gotten back to me. This is BS. Maybe I’ll get a motorola phone next time.

Although not the answer you want, it is quite common for manufacturers not to release updates on entry level phones. I highly doubt Huawei will be updating the device.

@josephs.humgw3, while @louisdi answer is correct, if you are interested in how the update process works, this link will give you more details. Where's My Android Update? Understanding the Update Process

This is BS. Not your guys fault but Huawei. I will definitely get a motorola phone

Hi @josephs.humgw3,

From what I’ve seen, the phones that are Google’s own products tend to get the fastest and most frequent updates That would include the Pixel and Nexus phones.

Other than frequent updates, what features are important to you?

Phone that gets updates security and Android version as well.

You guys don’t offer pixel phones. Or Nexus phones

I want to stay with republic

Republic supports the Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Pixel XL, Pixel, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL.

Republic may not sell the Nexus or Pixels but they are supported as BYOD (note they did carry the Nexus 6P and 5X when they where still be produced)
seeing how your Huawei Ascend 5W is already on GSM all you need to to is swap SIM and install the Republic app

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.