Huawei phone 5W

Is anyone having a problem with this new phone? I can’t make outgoing calls all the time and some people can’t reach me all the time.

0 Likes

Tell us about your cell connection (your bar display) and your wifi status (solid white arc in the top right corner).

0 Likes

The cell connection/bar display is not good usually. Sometimes with an X in it. But the wifi status is good…usually three or four bars high.

0 Likes

The arc status is more important than the WiFi bars. First RW looks for you on WiFi. If they don’t find you they look for you on cell. If you have a hollow arc they can’t find you on WiFi and if you don’t have cell coverage the call will go to voice mail. This is what I see:

And in my notification shade I see this:

0 Likes

I do see those things but the problem is that even if i don’t have cellular coverage, people can’t always reach my voicemail as well.

0 Likes

They should always reach your voicemail. Did you change your voicemail greeting. Usually when we get people open a ticket that people are not getting to voicemail, they usually are but do not pay attention to the default greeting and think it is an error.

0 Likes

No it is not that at all. Voicemail is set up as always and sometimes people can reach it. But sometimes people call and the phone doesn’t even ring. It won’t go through at all.

0 Likes

Do you have an ASUS router?

0 Likes

I don’t know. How come?

0 Likes

So when people can’t reach voicemail, does it just ring forever or get an error. Something has to happen?

0 Likes

It is an error. There is no ringing at all.

0 Likes

A setting on ASUS routers can keep calls from reaching the phone.

0 Likes

Thank you for the information. I will have to check on this. However, I live at the same place and I had a different republic phone just a couple months ago and this never happened.

0 Likes

That is OK. We have not had a lot of reports of this but if it continues our support will need some examples of when people tried to call from where(#) to where(#) at what time. That will help us look up the call to see if it got to our network at all.

0 Likes

I can give you one example. My girlfriend tried calling me today 12-28 at four times and none went through. She was at the store on [redacted] rd. in brattleboro, vt 05301. She called me at 5:37, 5:38, 5:40, and 5:41 at my house in brattleboro, vt. She said it did not ring at all. Just the error response.

Moderator’s note: specific location info redacted

0 Likes

josephl.7zi3t3 wrote:

I can give you one example. My girlfriend tried calling me today 12-28 at four times and none went through. She was at the store on [redacted] rd. in brattleboro, vt 05301. She called me at 5:37, 5:38, 5:40, and 5:41 at my house in brattleboro, vt. She said it did not ring at all. Just the error response.

Tell us about this “error response.” This is starting to sound like a routing error. If so, the particular error response is important and RW will also need her phone number.

Moderator’s note: specific location info redacted

0 Likes

Hi @josephl.7zi3t3,

For the specific examples, please open a support ticket and provide date and time of the call, the number the call was from, and the number the call was to. Please do not provide that information here in Community as this is a public space.

0 Likes

@josephl.7zi3t3, can you describe what you mean by can’t make outgoing calls?

0 Likes

closed #19
0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer