I activated my new phone but wanted to bring my old number with this phone. I think I screwed up. Can I get my old number?

When I activated this phone, I guess I missed where I wanted to transfer my old number to this phone. Republic gave me a new number. Can I use my old number?

You will have to open a service ticket to fix this. Click on help at the top of this page and scroll down to the ticket entry.

You probably added a new line of service. You can verify this by logging on to your account to see how many phones are registered.

You can get help to fix this by opening a support ticket at the bottom of the help page. Use the chat line for faster service when available. Republic Help

Hi @catheg.icjb7x,

Others have given you the correct advice if the old number in question is on another Republic phone. If that old number happens to be with another service provider, the approach would be different and does not require raising a help ticket. Details on that follow:

I suggest starting by making sure the number in question will transfer. You may do so here, Number Transfer | Republic Wireless.

Presuming the number you wish to transfer passes the number check tool and you haven’t already done so, Republic’s documentation describing how to transfer your number and gather the needed information to do so is here: Number Transfers.

Some additional information for service providers not covered in Republic’s documentation here: Porting Guides for Transferring Your Number to Republic | Republic Wireless Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia. Alternatively, you might contact your current service provider directly for the necessary information. Generally, they are required to provide the information you seek. See here, Porting: Keeping Your Phone Number When You Change Providers | Federal Communications Commission.

It also depends what the new phone you activated is. If it happens to be a Moto X1, X2, G1, G3, E1 or E2, and you’re trying to move the number from a Republic phone, you can just cancel service on the replacement phone and then reactivate, being sure to indicate it is a replacement when asked. No need to wait for support.

Message an
Expert customer