I am having trouble with an update on my Moto X 2nd Gen

It’s not downloading. I have Moto X (2nd gen) Is this What do I need to do to download it? The only thing that downloaded is the notice to download, Yes I’m in.

System Update for Moto X Pure (GSM Only) - 11/16/17

Hi @sharig

This thread is for the update to the Moto X Pure’ s operating system (OS) to Nougat(Android 7). The Moto X 2nd Gen. will not upgrade to Nougat, it will remain on Marshmallow(Android 6).

Am I misunderstanding something?.

I previously posted that I could not download this update. But I saw it in my downloads and tried to delete it and that option would not work. I hope I didn’t mess my phone up. I have the Moto X (2nd Gen) and I have no idea if it’s GSM only. Is there a way to delete this update? I don’t have Pure if that’s a model style.

Oh I just saw this email and just posted that I have the Moto X (2nd Gen) and I don’t know if it’s GSM. It did appear in my downloads and I tried to delete it but was unable to. I don’t have a Pure operating system, I don’t think. Can I uninstall this?

Have you been able to resolve this @sharig?.

Hi @sharig,

I’ve moved your comments to a new thread, since the one you were originally posting in was for the Moto X Pure, which is not the same as the Moto X (2nd Gen).

Please let us know what we can do to help solve this for you. If you have any more details about what it is you’ve downloaded and why you don’t want to install it, we might be better able to assist.

Is there a way I can see if the Moto X Pure was installed on my phone? If it was, can I uninstall it since I don’t have the Pure model.

I don’t believe it’s possible for a Moto X 2nd Gen to receive the update for the X Pure.

Just to be sure, you said that you could see the update in your downloads. Could you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing there?

If you open Setttings and then About Phone and scroll down to Build Number, it should say LPE23.32-39-R-42.

Yes that is the build number. I was able to delete it in the downloads, and I’m trying to figure out how t do a screen shot.

Hi @sharig

To capture your phone’s screen, press and hold both the Power and Volume down key for three seconds, or until you hear the camera shutter click and the screen size shrink down.

Belated thank you! Now I know how to take a screen shot! Thanks.