I am not getting texts that people say they sent me

What phone do you have?
Moto G
What plan are you on?
Base plan + .5 GB cell data
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Yes, .5 gb

Issue Description

I have been experiencing lost texts from people. I think I heard about it for the first time about 3 weeks ago but it has happened multiple times since and with different people saying they sent me a text and I didn’t respond but I never received it. I tried clearing the cache and powering off but still it seems to be happening. I also have trouble sometimes hearing people on the other end or them hearing me when calling. My brother said he had this trouble with his republic phone a year ago and he posted on this forum and received a link or something to download onto his phone that fixed the problem.

I bet your brother was told to download and use our texting app, Anywhere. As for the calling issue we would have to do a lot more troubleshooting, lots of variables.

1 Like

Hmm, that could be a solution, but he said he got a code that started and ended with an asterisk that he dialed in and then it reset something.

Hi that code is *#*#8647#*#* and should be dialed when connected to WIFi. No need to hit send.

1 Like

Thank you, I did it and I’ll hope it works!

1 Like

@seanr. I’m curious. What exactly does the execution of that code do? And is it used on both RW 2.0 and RW 3.0 phones?

It is a VoIP Reset. As far as I understand it, it re-provisions the phone. That is, it triggers the R.W app to reset and re-apply its activation settings to the phone.

1 Like

Basically, as @SpeedingCheetah says, it refreshes our provisioning information.

Yes it is.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer