I apologize

I posted an ad earlier today regarding [redacted]. I am sorry that I did not know that this is not aloud. I have been a loyal customer for over 2 years and this is my first mistake. Please except my apology. George

@Moderator’s note. Specifics of disallowed content redacted.

5 Likes

I’m not Republic Wireless staff, but I’m sure all is well. We all make mistakes here, but it was awfully nice of you to post an apology.

5 Likes

Hi @georgeh.bysu0r

No need to apologize, . RW just doesn’t want to the community to become a marketplace since that is not it’s intended purpose.

Here is the document most commonly referenced in the community regarding this issue. Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones

For other readers…(Community Guidelines )

NO SOLICITATION, MARKETING, OR SELLING

1. You may not market, promote, advertise, or solicit products or services for sale or trade within Community Sites, including solicitations for charitable or other donations, unless specifically exempted by Republic Wireless staff. These items will be deleted.
  • This includes solicitation for other cell carriers, including posting comments or linking to articles about offers, deals, or promotions. Informational discussion of cell carrier services and products is acceptable, but solicitations and marketing are not.
  • Solicitations to purchase Republic Wireless phones, accessories or service from other members as well as individual sale postings (i.e., third-party auctions sites and the like) are strictly prohibited and will be deleted.
    • Requests for confirmation of compatibility of BYOP phones for sale from other vendors will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please check existing discussions and the BYOP FAQ to make sure your question hasn’t already been answered prior to posting.
5 Likes

…this is not aloud.

I think you meant I would have used “allowed”.

The difference between aloud and allowed

Please except my apology.

You probably meant I would have chosen “accept”.

Accept and Except

5 Likes

Community Guidelines

homelessonwheels wrote:

I think you mean [meant] “allowed”.

BE NICE

Flaming another user for their spelling, grammar or for any other reason.

(I honestly believe you were just trying to be helpful, still…).

5 Likes

Hey George! As others have mentioned, no need to apologize. You didn’t know (who actually reads the terms?) .

On another note, keep it classy guys.

5 Likes

Hey @georgeh.bysu0r, most of us appreciate the gesture.

5 Likes

Hi @georgeh.bysu0r,

Absolutely no need for apology. In fact, I owe you an apology that I didn’t follow up with a DM explaining the policy and pointing you toward some other resources for what you were trying to do. I know when we “reject” a post that has been flagged for moderation, the system sends a nastygram that can make you feel pretty bad; I’ve been moderated quite a few times, myself! So I usually try to follow up with a better message, and I failed to do that in your case.

Thanks for your loyalty, we do appreciate it.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting the rules, I have broken them recently, and I apologize!
I just want the best for everyone involved though, and I am definitely in NO way making a profit off of any of my posts!
Thanks for all you do southpaw!

3 Likes
Message an
Expert customer