I can hear them, they can't hear me

What phone do you have? Moto X4

What plan are you on? My Choice +4G

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data is included

Issue Description

When making calls both on wifi and cell, I can hear the person on the other end just fine but they say they have a hard time hearing me or that my phone is cutting in and out. I do not hear this at all, they are perfectly clear. I rarely if ever have this issue with incoming calls. This problem started about a month or so ago and has persisted to the point that I basically cannot make calls with my phone any more.

Hello @tanitht,

Here are a few suggestions to try:

You can try removing any case you have on the phone. Can people hear you better?

Also, here is a way to test your microphone hardware:

Please let the Community know if this helps :slight_smile:

Thank you. I performed that test and the microphone works perfectly well, I can hear anything I record during that hardware test. Callers and people I call typically can not hear me well at all, regardless of whether I am on wifi or cell, and regardless of whether they call me or I call them. I thought I didn’t have the issue on incoming calls, but I tested this and the results were the same, the person on the other end still can not hear me well and reports that my sound keeps cutting in and out.

You say:

Do you remember installing any new apps around that time? :thinking:

If not, I’m going to suggest opening a ticket.

I have opened a ticket. One of the steps suggested is this one: How to Refresh the Republic Wireless Activation – Republic Help which I have performed. Hoping it will help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer