I can't get my newly bought data to activate

incomplete

What phone do you have?
I have a Moto G 3rd generation
What plan are you on?
The most basic plan.
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Yesterday I purchased .5g of data because I need it to use an app for work.

Issue Description

I have tried everything I know to get the data to start working. I need to be able to use it tonight because I have a job that requires me to use an app offline. It’s very important that I get this working today or else I could get in trouble at work. Please help, how do you enable data? All the regular solutions are not working.

Hi @jennyh.et2khy,

There’s nothing to “activate” when you add data, and you account shows data available to use. Could you tell us more about what you’re seeing on the phone that’s preventing you from using the data? Is there some sort of error message?

Yes, thanks! When I turn off my wifi, I’m just unable to use the data. Under Cellular Network Settings the is an option called Data Roaming that I should be able to highlight but it’s grayed out… I don’t know if I’m missing something or what… Shouldn’t the data just kick in automatically when I’m not on the internet? Thanks so much!!

Please open the Republic Wireless app, tap the cell bars icon near the top of the screen, and make sure the “Cell data” toggle is turned on.
You may also need to make sure you haven’t turned off data to individual apps, since they can be managed one by one in the version of the app you’re using.

Take a look at the “Cell Data Settings” section of this help article, and let us know if that gets you going:

You may also want to check the ‘mandatory’ settings in Checklist - Phone Info E/G/X CDMA devices not on ‘My Choice’ 3.0 as some have both controls in the RW app and the base Android Settings