I can't hear others when I use cellular calling

I have a Moto G 1st Generation phone on the old $10/month unlimited talk and text plan, without cellular data.

Issue Description

On Wi-Fi calling, everything works fine. On cell calling, others can hear me but I cannot hear them, regardless of which party dials the other. This just started within the past couple of days. I have tried updating all apps, removing all pictures and other documents from the phone to free up space, and powering off and restarting the phone, but that doesn’t solve the problem. My wife has the same phone on the same plan but does not have this problem. Please help. Thanks!

Try this:

Restart the phone.

Open the dialer and dial ##72786#. (If prompted, tap Yes to confirm resetting to factory defaults.) Your phone may restart.
Note: Once this step is complete you must complete the next step or your phone will not work while on cellular.

Update the Profile
This will restore or refresh your phone’s Sprint settings; go to Settings > System Update > Update Profile.
Note: You’ll need to be on WiFi to update the Profile.

Restart Again
The phone should automatically restart after a few seconds. If it doesn’t, then manually restart your phone.

Let us know if this fixes the problem.

2 Likes

OK. I tried that, and now the problem is reversed, with it working while on cell but not while on Wi-Fi (which is a better problem to have). Is there something else that needs to be reset, too, or order to get Wi-Fi calling to work again? Thanks!

OK, here is the WiFi portion of the procedure you ran. I had left it out because the problem was only on cell:

Restart
Restart your phone by turning it off and then back on again.

Reset Republic Credentials
(Note: Your phone must be connected to WiFi to complete this step.)
Open the dialer, then dial ##8647##
The dialer will clear, and the Republic arc notification icon will reappear after about a minute. (If the arc notification icon does not reappear, restart your phone. The arc should then appear after your phone restarts.)

The entire procedure is in the troubleshooting section of this document:

That worked. Thank you!

1 Like

Great! Glad to help.

closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer