I can't seem to get internet while roaming

I just switched from the basic plan to 1G cell data. When I tried to get the internet while the phone was roaming, it didn’t work, although it looks like it used cell data. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

0 Likes

Can you tell us which phone you have? Only the legacy phones, on the Republic Refund plans have access to data when roaming. And in that case it is 18.3x the cost of regular data. No other plan has user access to roaming data.

0 Likes

As @louisdi stated, only the 2.0 refund plans have access to cellular data while roaming at a very costly rate. Also plan charges go into effect at the next billing for this plan and the cellular roaming setting is turned off in the Republic app by default. So you need to turn it on to use cellular roaming data.

0 Likes

I have the Moto E 2nd generation. If that’s the case, I might as well go back to the basic plan.

0 Likes

If you are on the original 1.0 plans, no roaming data is available for the end user.

You can get roaming data on the 2.0 plans, but there is no reasonable justification I can think of for using data at $275/GB.

0 Likes

I will just run out of data right? I won’t get charged unless I buy more data? I think I’ll go back to the basis plan be cause we’re in a rural area where there is a lot of roaming. Thanks. I’m not very knowledgeable about how this works.

0 Likes

If on the 2.0 plans, yes you would just run out of data.

If you turned on roaming, and had 1GB of data available to you, but were roaming, you would run out after using just under 56MB of roaming data.

0 Likes

Thank you

0 Likes

closed #9
0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer