I have a Moto E 2nd generation phone. Is there any way I can transfer photos and videos to my laptop?

I have a Moto E 2nd generation phone with no USB port. Is there any way I can attach to my laptop so I can transfer photos and videos?

Your phone does have a USB port. It’s called a micro USB port, and it’s the port you use to charge your phone. I believe some Macs no longer support the traditional USB port, which is a shame because it’s still alive and kicking (Apple likes to pull stunts like that which is one reason I would never own anything they make). Do you own a MAC?

You could try connecting through Bluetooth.

Hi @dianel.vn37yh

Here is a recent article that that describes ways to do this. As @drog mentioned, you can transfer via USB with a charger/data cable. Google Drive is an excellent method to do so wirelessly.

How to Transfer Photos from an Android Smartphone to a Computer | Digital Trends

Many in the community have used AirDroid: Remote access & File - Android Apps on Google Play with good success

I believe some Macs no longer support the traditional USB port, which is a shame because it’s still alive and kicking (Apple likes to pull stunts like that which is one reason I would never own anything they make). Do you own a MAC?
Respectfully, this is FUD. The only Mac currently shipping without traditional USB ports is the 12-inch MacBook. It has USB-C. A simple adapter addresses lack of traditional USB ports. I get mine at Monoprice. Fun fact, Apple was the first mainstream computer manufacturer to adopt USB with the first iMac in 1998. Had Apple not pulled that stunt, perhaps, PCs would still have PS/2 serial ports?

If you set up the Photos app to backup photos and videos, they can be accessed at Google Photos - All your photos organized and easy to find . No need for a cable when they are stored in the cloud.

Message an
Expert customer