I have a moto g phone that died. Questions about replacing it

The battery has died on my moto g phone. The battery cannot be replaced. If I order a phone from republic wireless’s website, will my phone be ready to go/use when I receive it in the mail? Or do I have to transfer the service I had on my motorola G phone to my new phone. If so, how do I do that? Can I keep my same plan/coverage?

If your phone is a Moto G1, then it’s pretty easy to replace the battery for any average do-it-yourself person. However, if you don’t want to mess with it, then order a new phone from Republic wireless. There are videos on YouTube that show how to do this.

Any new phone you buy will change your plan to the 3.0 plan and may change your cellular network depending which network Republic’s computer says is the best fit for you.

There is a coverage checker on the phone ordering page where you can see the likely cellular network you are going to get. If you see the Moto Z as being available, then it’s likely the computer will select TMobile as your cellular network. If you don’t like the choice the computer gives out, open a support ticket. Note that the Moto Z, Samsung J1 and S6, and the Ascend 5W are TMobile phones only.

When you receive your new phone from Republic and start to activate it, you will be given a choice to replace/upgrade which will transfer your phone number to the new phone. Activate My Phone

If you wish to keep the old plan, then used phones are available on Swappa or Ebay.

Also if you haven’t gone through the troubleshooting section on power at Motorola’s web site, then you might want to go through it just to make sure it’s a battery issue. Sometimes it’s as simple as holding down the power button for up to 2 minutes.

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

Message an
Expert customer