I have lost my phone.  1.  I was told that there's maybe a way for the carrier to "ping" it?  2. What is a comparable replacement phone to the moto x?  3.  I believe the plans are different.  I think I use a lot of data.  What plan will cover me?  4.  Is

1. I was told that there’s maybe a way for the carrier to “ping” it?

2. What is a comparable replacement phone to the moto x?

3. I believe the plans are different. I think I use a lot of data. What plan will cover me?

4. Is there an app that will find my phone? (lookout).

5. How quickly can I get a new phone?

6. Can I keep my same number?

7. Getting a phone through RW required actually that someone needed to work directly and on the phone with someone from my IT department. Can that still happen?

8. This is a phone for work and I am on call 24/7. I don’t have, really, any time to “shop”. Sigh.

Thanks for any help that can be given! :slight_smile:

1. I was told that there’s maybe a way for the carrier to “ping” it?

You can open up https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager and see if you can locate your phone.

My phone is lost or was stolen - now what?

"1. I was told that there’s maybe a way for the carrier to “ping” it?"

Republic can not ping it, you can see if google can find it (ofcourse it needs to be on and have battery inorder to ping it)

Find your phone

From a Web Browser

1. Visit Google’s Android Device Manager website and sign in with the Google account used for the phone. The first time you will have to agree to let Google track your phone.
  2. adm-located-crop.pngADM will locate your most recently used Android device associated with that Google account and show you the location. If you have multiple devices you can click the down-arrow to the right of the name to choose another device.
  3. If the phone is nearby, you can click the Ring button to help find it (the phone will ring continuously up to 5 minutes, or until you find it and press the power button).
  4. You can also enable a screen lock PIN/password or erase your phone (if you enabled those options before it was lost or stolen).

From Another Android Phone or Tablet

"2. What is a comparable replacement phone to the moto x?"

if NFC is important to you (android pay then I would recommend the Moto X Pure one of the Nexuses)

if you don’t use NFC then a Moto G4 Plus would be the close to the Moto X

other than the Samsung Galaxy J3, Huawei Ascend 5W, or Moto G4 Play I would say all Republic 3.0 phones are at least as good as the Moto X 1st gen if not better Top Android Smartphones, payment plans optional | Republic Wireless

"3. I believe the plans are different. I think I use a lot of data. What plan will cover me?"

Our Most Affordable Plans at $15/month, with Unlimited Talk & Text | Republic Wireless

Republic Wireless 3.0 FAQs

how much data do you use? if under 2 GB the $30 plan should do if under 4 GB then the $45 plan (if under 1 GB the $20 there the plan)

"4. Is there an app that will find my phone? (lookout). "

see Number 1 above

"5. How quickly can I get a new phone?"

Depends on if it’s in stock and there a SIM for what Republic feel is the better of it’s 2 network

(Republic add T-mobile as a GSM partner for 3.0 if T-mobile is a good for you there also a BYOD Bring_Your_Own_Phone_FAQs (you can get a BYOD SIM from republic BYOD SIM or from https://www.amazon.com/Republic-Wireless-SIM-Starter-Kit which has free 2day shipping from Prime (or $3.99 for 1 day) (Best Buy and others do carry the North American Factory Unlock models republic uses

"6. Can I keep my same number? "

Yes You can during activation just select the current line and phone will take it over

"7. Getting a phone through RW required actually that someone needed to work directly and on the phone with someone from my IT department. Can that still happen? "

I believe that can still be set up with support

"8. This is a phone for work and I am on call 24/7. I don’t have, really, any time to “shop”. Sigh. "

See # 5 above

"Thanks for any help t****hat can be given! :slight_smile: "

Your welcome

Message an
Expert customer