I have the .5 refund plan. How do I control cell data usage?

I have the .5 refund plan and I don’t want cell wifi on unless I want to use it. Is there a way to not have it automatically connect?

Hi @kristinv,

I think you’re asking how to control cell data use when away from WiFi. Here’s how from Republic: Cell Data Usage.

1 Like

I have gone to settings and turned wifi off. Sorry if you have answered this, but after I leave a public wifi location the phone switches to cell wifi and I am using the small amount of cell wifi I have purchased and not even using my phone.

Hi @kristinv,

WiFi and cell are two different things. Both provide data for Internet access. Republic neither supplies or charges you for WiFi access. Rather WiFi is supplied by you (home network), your employer (work network) or other third party (public WiFi hotspot). Generally, there is no need to turn WiFi off in Settings. I suggest turning that back on.

Republic does charge for cell data used to access the Internet. Some apps (email, Facebook, etc.) will access the Internet even when not actively being used. You may control that access, so your cell data doesn’t get used when you don’t want it to using the Republic app on your phone. Republic describes how to do so here: Cell Data Use. Just click the blue link get there.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer