I installed a sim card

I’ve downloaded Republic App. Trying to activate republic and the only thing I can do is hit buy a sim card. Does this mean I put the card into my phone incorrectly?

0 Likes

It might. Which phone do you have? Where did you get the SIM?

0 Likes

Moto 4g. I bought the sim card through Amazon but it came in a Republic box. I don’t know what happened there. Got the phone and card through Amazon. Got the card through here with a question. I guess I should take out card?

0 Likes

Yes, You can try to reseat it. Let us know if that fixes it for you!

0 Likes

Had it upside down. Problems with email password so skipped it. I was putting in the correct password but it would not accept. Activation underway!

0 Likes

Couldn’t activate without email. Had to change my email password to accommodate Republic and my phone. Activation underway! Says about an hour.

0 Likes

Everything appears good. My old phone died. It appears that old messaging conversations are gone which is okay. Calls do not seem to go through wifi but through Republic Network. Phone says I’m connected to wifi.

0 Likes

Did you check the coverage map? I’m assuming your old phone was on Sprint. Your new phone is definitely on T-Mobile. What do you see for your address on the coverage map? What does the cell bar display on the phone look like?

4G LTE Coverage Map | Check Your 4G LTE Cell Phone Coverage | T-Mobile

I don’t think you will find Motorola phones in the select a phone section on the map I linked you to but you will be safe by selecting the Samsung S7.

0 Likes

I don’t think you will find Motorola phones in the select a phone section on the map I linked you to but you will be safe by selecting the Samsung S7.

billg, FYI, it’s actually a time saver to skip a phone selection based upon my experience. Same map. If your experience is different my mind is open to hearing that.

0 Likes

In areas that use 700 MHz band 12 all voice calls are VoLTE. If you are in one of those areas and you don’t select a phone that can do VoLTE the map presumes you have a lesser phone. When I was performing the Band 12 tests for RW in Mahnomen MN the map showed me roaming on an AT&T tower without a phone selection, home on a T-Mobile tower with my S7 selected. That’s a huge difference considering the lack of roaming data.

0 Likes

billg,

Thanks for the clarification.

0 Likes

I see that I was to give my Republic password and I thought for some dumb reason they wanted my gmail password. So everything good there.

My phone says calling through Republic network at home with wifi and says cellular when I’m away from wifi. Things appear to be good. Thanks for all the help.

0 Likes

Hi @davidf.b81nx2,

Indeed when a Republic 3.0 phone says the call in on the “Republic Network” thats a WiFi call. Otherwise it will explicitly say the call is on the “Cellular Network” Happy to hear everything is sorted for you!

0 Likes

Thanks for the help. Pretty easy transition to my new phone especially considering my old phone will not charge thus will not let me even get it up and going.

0 Likes

closed #15
0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer