I keep having Google Play store issues

What phone do you have? Moto g5 plus

What plan are you on? text, talk, 2 g data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? all

Issue Description

This is a reoccurring problem that usually takes me a hour or more to resolve. I have been working over 2 hours and can’t resolve. I first notice glitches in either game apps or other apps. When I try to go into my play store to check for updates, which should be automatic anyway, my play store icon (the play button) just flashes on the screen. No matter how long I give it, it never opens. I tried clearing the cache and data, I have gone into safe mode, I have deleted all unnecessary apps, I have rebooted several times, I have repeatedly cleared cache, etc. In past cases, I have managed to get back into play store and found that several apps have not been automatically updating. I can then update and everything works good for several months. This time, I cannot. I’m sure I have left out a lot of things I have tried but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @harriettm and welcome to the Member Community. Can certainly understand your frustration. Here are a couple of links to Google Play Help Center. Let’s see if any of the recommended steps help.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7513003?hl=en

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7512202

I’d also make sure the time and date are correct on your phone. Incorrect time and date can cause strange problems too! Hope these help.

1 Like

Hi @harriettm :slight_smile:

I was looking at one of the links @freddyp sent you and one of the suggestions caught my eye. :face_with_monocle:

Do you perhaps have an SD card in your g5 Plus?
If you do and it was formatted as “Portable Storage”, try turning off the phone and popping it out, and starting up the phone without it as a test.

If you have a SD card and it’s formatted as “internal storage” that could be the possible cause if there is an issue with the card.

Hi @harriettm

Are you still having issues with the Play Store on your g5 Plus? :thinking:

Message an
Expert customer