I live in a cell tower Dead Space and stay on airport mode to stop searching for towers. when I go

Moto x pure*

What plan are you on? $20. one.

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? everything.

Issue Description

I live in a cell tower Dead Space and stay on airport mode to stop searching for towers. when I go to spokane, I turn off airport mode. But when I get there, I get a right triangle but I have a “H” and a “!” mark and no internet to find addresses on maps. It says I’m on cell coverage, but no data. just as I start back to home, I get mail and texts go thru. This has happened several times and I want to throw my phone out the window! cell data is turned on and eventually works but after I have called my wife, [the phone works!] she looks stuff up for me. What am I doing wrong?

Can you please open the Republic App on your phone, hit the gear then about and tell us what it says there under “SIM Type” ?

Says
GSM

The H and the (!) that you’re seeing are indicative of your phone roaming for some reason. Basically all of Spokane should have good LTE coverage. When you look here: Coverage Check | Republic Wireless at the specific area where you have this issue, what does it say for your signal?

I do eventually get LTE but after hours of H and ! and no connect. I’m at home near Tum Tum WA now. and on my home MacBookPro. can I go to Coverage check on that?

You can indeed.

It shows green for everywhere, even where wi live down in this valley by Long Lake which is dead. Tum Tum says green but it’s dead to everyone there. Map is lying!

It’s supposed to be strong LTE in Spokane everywhere. That is why I think something is wrong.

Please try the following steps to resolve this issue:

1. Reboot the phone in an area that has a strong cell signal. (Some people have simply needed to step outside and reboot.) If this fixes it, stop.

2. Please ensure the data is turned on in Android Settings. Settings > Data Usage > Cellular Data (some phones may say Mobile Data). If this fixes it, stop.

3. Reset your Republic credentials by opening the dialer as if making a call and enter *#*#8647#*#* (in on a Samsung phone hit the dial button). The screen should clear, when it does, restart the phone. If this fixes it, stop.

4. This one is more complicated. This step will clear out any saved connections for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth that you may have already made. We’re going to reset the network settings.
    Go to Settings > Backup and Reset > Network settings reset
    Read the warning, tap “Reset settings.” You will be warned a second time. Tap “Reset settings” to confirm. The process will usually take 5-10 seconds and the cellular signal bars icon will go away for a moment. Once the cell signal bars icon returns, you should reboot the phone.

resetting Republic credentials didn’t work. It said unauthorized number. I was supposed to hit the call button on the bottom, right? I have a moto x pure. I did the network reset. pwred off and on now.

No you should be entering 12 digits * # * # 8 6 4 7 # * # * and after that last * the screen should clear.

EDITED TO ADD: Whoops, noticed that somehow the last digit got dropped above. Corrected it there.

It just sat there. and finally went blank like the screen time ran out. dark

Try again, with the corrected sequence that has all 12 digits.

OK, I had to establish my wifi and reboot. Now I have wifi, but here at home I still have no cell right triangle is empty. I will watch what happens when I go to Spokane again. Hopefully LTE will be strong and I will prosper! Thank you Spock!

What’s your ZIP code at home?

99026 but that post office is 12 miles towards spokane. I’m even in a different county than 99026

Time for me to go to bed, Louisdi, thanks for hopefully fixing it and spending time with me and my problem. Good night!

Assuming you’re towards Tum Tum, I wouldn’t be surprised at all by no indoor coverage at all. In that area coverage is “Fair” in the best spots. This is described as: “Coverage Outdoor and on the Road”. There are also areas with no coverage at all. Either way, coverage there is going to be lousy.