I’m an active client, not new

I’m an existing customer but you thought I was new. If I buy a new phone how do you help with set up and transfer of info to the new phone from the moto e second generation I purchased from you?

Hi @diannez.aokpsv and welcome to the Community!

Would you be able to provide some additional context on this. Are you referring to this being, apparently, your first post in Republic’s online Community forums? Or, something else?

Because setup of a new phone requires the phone to be in hand and Republic does not have stores one might walk into, Republic cannot directly assist with setting up your new phone. Republic and/or the Community can provide guidance on setting up a new phone, however, new phone setup is done after one receives the phone. Generally, there’s nothing to do today other than ordering the new phone of one’s choice.

Upon receipt of the new phone, power it on then follow onscreen prompts for initial setup. Most user content would move from old to new phone, so long as you use the same Google (Gmail) account on the new phone as is used on the old phone. Should some user content not move to the new phone, there’s excellent guidance from the Community here: How to Transfer Contacts, Photos, Text messages and Other Info to Your New Phone.

Next, you’ll start the activation process. Republic, documents the process here: https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015420728-How-to-Activate-a-Replacement-Phone. You will be prompted to sign into the appropriate Republic account (the one housing your Moto E2) and you will be presented with the opportunity to move your current number from old to new phone. Continue through the activation process, then you’re all set! Your old phone will be simultaneously deactivated.

Please know a new phone means a plan change. I’m afraid keeping your grandfathered plan with a new Republic phone isn’t possible. Republic’s newer phones require use of Republic’s My Choice plan: Cell Phone Plans – Republic Wireless. In Republic’s words:

“Republic Wireless My Choice is an entirely new offer and has tons of new features like wider range of phones, more timely phone launches, faster Android updates, and a Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) experience. With these features, we’ve also made changes to price points.” Republic hopes you’ll find the value proposition to be appealing.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer