I need to replace my kid's broken G3 with a G4 plus bought on Amazon. Can I keep her same plan? Do I need to order the SIM card?

I need to replace my kid’s broken G3 with a G4 plus bought on Amazon. Can I keep her same plan? Do I need to order the SIM card? I couldn’t order the G4 plus through Republic anymore.

The other option is to let her use my G4Plus and me get a G5 Plus when it comes out but now sure how that works on keeping my number active while I don’t have a phone and getting her number on my current G4Plus

Thanks for any help.

No, sorry, all of the new phones go to the new plans. Yes, you will have to order a SIM from Amazon or RW for the new phone. Note that her Moto G (3rd Gen) is CDMA and has Sprint as a carrier. The SIM you order will be GSM with T-Mobile as the carrier so you should look at their coverage map.

There is no way for you to let your daughter use your phone with her number and keep your number active without first porting your number to some 3rd party parking service.

Can I port my number to an old Republic phone we still have here?

assuming the old Republic phone is not a Defy (no longer able to be reactivate) then

When you reactivate the old phone with for your line (the only way to port it will deactivate your G4 Plus and SIM and you will not be able to reactivate with out a new SIM (moving to the GSM network with the BYOD SIM)

a better way to deal with this would be to reactivate the old phone as an replacement for the Moto G 3rd and create a Republic support ticket to swap the numbers between the phones Republic Help

Message an
Expert customer