I need to replace my phone while keeping my $10/month plan

my phone died. i’'ve looked at phones on the RW website, and all say the cheapest plan is $15/mo.

how do I buy a new phone to replace the old, without losing my pla?

All new phones are 3.0 phones and need 3.0 plans [they stop making the old legacy phones and sold out of the last new one I. October 2016, they can still be found on the open market used

I ask basicly the same question because if I need to switch to a $15.00 plan when I only use my phone on wifi. I am going to use a trac fone that will cost me 19.95 for three months…LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE OF REPUBLIC!!! In looking at others that ask the same question, here is one of the replies Mar 19, 2016 12:46 PM

If you buy the replacement from RW specifying replacement during the ordering process it will acquire the plan and the phone number from the phone it is replacing during activation.

The upgrade/replacement radio button only shows up if you are ordering the phone while logged on to your account. So make sure you are logged on to see it.

2 people found this helpful

Like •

SO WHATS THE REAL STORY???

SO WHATS THE REAL STORY???
sold out of the last new one in October 2016

@daleb.tap6k2 ,

The quote in your reply is nearly a year old and no longer applies. The ordering and activation processes changed shortly after RW introduced the new plans/phones in late July 2016.

FAQs | Republic Wireless

You are welcome to continue enjoying the old plan and pricing with your current phone.Thank you.

daleb.tap6k2 wrote:

I ask basicly the same question because if I need to switch to a $15.00 plan when I only use my phone on wifi.

If you only use your phone on Wi-Fi, just use Google Voice, Google Hangouts, and Hangouts Dialer for free:

http://www.reviewtechnica.com/2014/11/google-hangouts-free-wifi-calls.html

Message an
Expert customer