I received texts from a known contact but they come through displaying an invalid phone number

What phone do you have? Moto G6

What plan are you on? My Choice Talk and Text

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? just talk and text. data is optional

Issue Description

One of my contacts received a Moto G Power phone and singed up for Republic Wireless about a month ago. I entered them in my contacts and received texts as normal. Then, about 2 weeks ago, their texts started coming under a completely different number and not displaying their contact name. We both have Republic Wireless and Motorola phones. Hers a G Power and mine a G6. She has mentioned that other people have mentioned her texts come through displaying another phone number. So maybe this is not my problem but she gets texts just fine from me. Have you heard of this or how to fix? I haven’t done anything as I’m not sure what to do. Thanks for your assistance.

Hi @f73f2734-6203-4983-a,

Welcome to the Republic Wireless Community :slight_smile:

On both your phones, please check to see that the RCS Chat feature in Google Messages is turned off.

That should fix it, but please let us know if it does not :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer