I recently purchased new phones through Republic and need to turn off a number on old phone

I recently purchased new phones through Republic and need to turn off a number of an old phone.

Hi @janicef.0957zo!

It sounds like you bought a new phone and would like to move your number over to the new phone? When you open the Republic app on the new phone and go through the setup, it will give you an option to move your number (XXX)-XXX-XXXX to this phone. Upon completion of activation, your old phone will be permanently deactivated (since it is a Defy XT) and the new phone will assume your number that was on the Defy XT. Does that answer your question?

mb2x

If, instead, you have already activated your new phones with new phone numbers and do not need your old phone or its phone number then you can see here for self-help cancellation of a line of service.

Cancel My Republic Service

No, I need to turn off the Defy XT. I used a new number and used this phone for a month after I got the new one and need to completely turn this phone off so I won’t be billed for it anymore.

If you prefer to keep your old phone number then you do have an option to do that but it will require a help ticket

to swap the phone numbers from your new phone and your old Defy XT. Once the swap is complete you can cancel

the service on the Defy XT. If you are satisfied with your new number and don’t feel the need to retain the number from your Defy XT then use the cancellation instructions above to Cancel service on your Defy XT.

Message an
Expert customer