I replaced my sim card and can make calls via wifi but cannot make calls on cell network

What phone do you have? Moto X4

**What plan are you on? My Choice = 4GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? data

Issue Description

I lost my SIM card while changing out storage card. I just received a new SIM card from Republic and can send/receive calls, text messages, etc via wifi but can not do anything on the cell network. It doesn’t even register.
I registered my card, updated everything, and have restarted my phone 6 times… no luck.

Hi @j.matthewb and welcome to the Member Community. Looks like you have done several items. Can we assume that the phone activated with no error messages using the following procedure?

If so, please try this first –

While connected to WiFi. Open the dialer app and key in * # *# 8647 # * # * (no spaces) . The numbers will disappear and, in the background, the phone will reset it’s RW “credentials”. Reboot the phone and try making a call.

Let the Community know if it works. And please share any error messages you might get.

Here’s another “How to” that might help. But let’s do the first step above and see if it helps. We’ll go from there if it doesn’t help. You might want to read through the “How to” below in case we need to try that if first step does not work (assuming you have not tried it already).

Hope this helps!

Hi @j.matthewb,

I have one more Help Article I’d like you to take a look at.

Please see if this one helps:

2 Likes

Hi @j.matthewb A belated welcome to the community! Are you still looking for assistance with this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer