I upgraded to the data plan and find that when I use it when not on wifi it is so slow as to be useless. Am I doing something wrong?

I upgraded to the data plan and find that when I use it when. O t on wifi it is so slow as to be useless. Am I doing something wrong? I thought the data would be a big help when away from wifi but it isn’t.

welcome the Sprint’s 3G network at best you’ll see is 3 Mbps and more like 1.5 Mbps when in a good area it can be very slow when n a bad area

@maryd.pmpag8

I never have texts that need break neck speed,I have always had them get from point A to point B.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

What I meant was that when I’m not on wifi and say…I want to google something, it either doesn’t respond or takes many minutes to get me the answer.

The RW 1st gen. Moto G isn’t LTE capable. On the other hand I found that in my area once LTE service was available almost everywhere I was getting the 1.5 mbps speeds that @drm186 mentioned instead of 2 to 7 kbps like I got when I first got my Defy XT. I attributed that to being the result of the vast bulk of folks moving off of that network leaving more available bandwidth there

It sounds like the Sprint infrastructure in your area could use some expansion but EVdO – which they call 3G – isn’t one of their most pressing issues at this time.

If not done in the past suggest you check Sprint’s map. 3G speeds are faster than you describe in good signal areas.

https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp

@maryd.pmpag8

If you were to clear the phone cache and delete apps not used, Move pictures to the computer or a cloud service. Doing these things to your phone makes the phone run faster instead of wading through the clutter.

I looked at my brothers phone the other day with his complaints of running slow for everything and I swear I had a hoarders phone in my hands. He hasn’t done anything to his phone in 2 yrs since he got it from Tmobile. It had literally tunnels in the phone & took 3 hours to clean it out. Now he likes his phone again and don’t need to buy another one.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Message an
Expert customer